In The Kitchen with Small Batch
In The Kitchen with STL TV is a cooking show designed to help highlight local restaurants in St. Louis.
Host: Angela Hochman
Chef de Cuisine at Small Batch: Jerremy Kirby
Community Engagement Manager at Baileys Restaurants: Kevin Arndt
Company: Small Batch
Address: 3001 Locust St. St. Louis, MO
Phone: (314) 380-2040
Website: http://www.smallbatchstl.com & https://ift.tt/29YadIB
Recipe 1: KHAO SOI
16 dried Thai chilis
16 dried galangal
16 black cardmom pods
4 qt. hot water
2 cup ginger
1 cup garlic
1 cup shallot
1 cup miso paste
1 Tbsp. turmeric
1 Tbsp. coriander
1 Tbsp. keffir lime
1 Tbsp. garam masala
4 oz coconut milk
4 oz vegetable stock
2 oz rice noodles, fried
2 oz rice noodles, soaked for 30 minutes
3 oz tofu, fried
1oz red onion, julienne
1oz kale, pickled
1 tsp. cilantro, minced
1 lime wedge
1 oz vegetable oil
1. To make the curry paste, first soak the galangal, Thai chilis, and cardamom pods overnight with the hot water.
2. The following day, using a high powered blender, blend the soaked ingredients with the ginger, garlic, shallot, miso paste, turmeric, coriander, keffir lime, and garam masala. Reserve the paste for later use.
3. In a large saute pan, saute the onions and tofu in the vegetable oil until the onions are translucent, then add 1 Tablespoon of the curry paste.
4. Add the vegetable stock, coconut milk, and soaked rice noodles. Incorporate and cook until the rice noodles are Al dente.
5. Transfer to a serving bowls and garnish with the fried rice noodles, pickled kale, lime wedge, and Cilantro.
-Visit our website: http://stltv.net
Like us on Facebook: https://ift.tt/1L9oV94
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/STLTVChannel
View our channel on digital cable channel 992, or on the web at https://ift.tt/2q7iQJ0